Chorus of Hawaiian Folk
Jane Ambrose, Joan Barrowcliffe, Jenny Brenchley, Cathy Hales, Sharon Hardie, Alice Judge, Bridget Munday, Jo Murray, Mary Tunnell, Paul Baugh, Philip Brenchley, John Butt, Ollie Embourne, Stuart Hales, Paul Jerome, Roger Jones, Roger May, Bryan Oldaker
1. I’ll See You In Hawaii by Tony Todaro 1952
Stuart Hales, Bryan Oldaker
2. Ukulele Song
Words and music by John Gleadall 2014
3. Hawaiian War Chant (Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wai) by Prince Leleiohaku 1860s.
The Hawaiian lyrics in fact describe a clandestine meeting between two lovers, not a battle!
4. The Only Man On The Island by Bob Hilliard & David Mann 1958
popularised by Tommy Steele.
A Hawaiian love song by Lani Sang 1953
6. Mama’s Mumu by Gene Burdette 1957
A vocal fashion statement about the Hawaiian loose dress
7. You All Will Know at Christmas Time
words by Keith McDonald-Miller 2014, music by Arthur Sullivan 1893 (from Utopia Limited)
8. Nutcracker Jingles
A traditional song by James Pierpont 1857, with additional music by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
9. Tutira Mai
A traditional Maori folk song, motivating community unity
10. The Twelve Days of Christmas
A traditional carol first published in England in 1780, but thought to be of French origin, is sung with a Hawaiian slant!
11. Now Is The Hour (Haere Ra)
A Maori farewell song with words by Maera Kaihau and music by Clement Scott 1913. It was used as a farewell song for Maori soldiers leaving for the First World War